Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello World.

Well, to be frank, it would be pretentious of me to think that anyone would care to read my musings...yet, I persist. For anyone who takes the time to read this I welcome comments and hope that I challenged you rather than just waste your time.

I recently graduated with a degree in all things pointless: history, political science, and philosophy. It was quite the combination, history taught me about the fallibility of well everything, political science revealed the vain quest to put faith in people and institutions, and philosophy taught me to question everything and hold to my morals. My main problem that I emerged from this unsure of morals, religion, the basis of law, and the purpose of life.

So what does one do? The pressure is on...life is coming full force and I have no idea how to face it. Head on? Ninja style? Curled up in the fetal position?

For the time being I am taking a step back, sort of forced due to unemployment, and try to reassemble the past four years, a Cartesian quest if you will, to find the peace in my soul, my passion for this world, and the source of hope which drives it all.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thought: the power to achieve absolutely anything you want is inside of you. there are mounds of potential energy waiting to be released! release it! have the courage to step out of our comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. correction: when I say pointless, i mean not pragmatic for the "real" world. for jobs that will pay you...

    ReplyDelete